Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What Makes The Green Grass Grow?


As promised, here are some fully painted photos of the objective marker I created in the "Trash or Treasure: Empty Sprues" post. I decided to keep the spikes black so the eyes are naturally drawn to the subject of the piece (the heads). Now that I have finally used it, I really like static grass (just don't sneeze or blow near the open tub. That stuff flies...). Enjoy!






This guy was the one who got some gashes with the hobby knife. A little Mithril Silver later, and it looks like he took a couple sword/talon blows to the face!






The "guts" coming out of the neck of this unfortunate guy was created with a couple strands of green stuff, roughed up with the hobby knife. A couple shades of red blended all over (and a tiny bit of yellow) with a nice gloss coat gives it that "fresh meat" look.

This head took a couple layers. I started with Calthan Brown, then Tallarn Flesh, and then I tried a full layer of Rotting Flesh, but it looked too unreal, so I put another layer of Tallarn Flesh on and just touched the edges of the "wounds" with the Rotting Flesh. This made it look fairly fresh (which would explain why all the "blood and guts" are still "wet", but gave it a slight necrotic flesh look at the same time.




I hope I was able to inspire some of you with this! I had a lot of fun creating it. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below!

Also, as always, if you need any work done, whether it's army building/painting, conversion work (including unique objective markers like this one!), or any kind of specialty work, don't hesitate to contact me, either in the comments below, by email (DeepStrikePainting@gmail.com), or on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment