Thursday, October 27, 2011

Modeling: Showpiece Update!

Hey everyone, so, work on my showpiece has been a bit slower than I planned, due to getting ready for a new puppy and prepping for some military training time coming up. I originally intended to put the finished work up as my next post, but that might be another week or two. Instead, I decided to give you all a look at my progress so far...
 
 The base is about... 75% done I'd say. I'm probably going to be putting some kind of filler in some of the cracks to break things up a bit. Possibly some tufts of grass growing between the broken concrete or something. We'll have to see.
 














  


Here we have the dead Ork (died with weapons in hand, just like any true greenskin).
 I built up a bit of green stuff around his neck and split it in the center to make him appear to have a slit throat. Also couldn't get any "natural" looking death poses with any arms as they were, so a little bit of green stuff here and there, with a bit of chopping/turning/adjusting of forearm and wrist sections, gave us that fallen, dead look I wanted.
I also drilled a couple bolter-holes through the stomach plate and roughed it up a bit with a hobby knife.












Finally, here is the victorious Space Marine moving on to the next fight. I used a pair of the "stepping" legs (ones generally used for jump pack Marines) and, with some slight adjustments to one of the legs, he'll be stepping over our Ork from above, searching for the next filthy Xenos to purge! 


 


And there you have it! A quick look at what will soon be my first (small) showpiece model!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment