Monday, October 3, 2011

One Man's Trash...

Is another man's treasure! We've all heard the saying, so i was thinking, could it apply to miniatures and modeling, too? I was doing some house clean up the other day, and I ran into these from my Stormraven Gunship kit. Now, if you're like me, you normally throw these empty sprues right into the trash as soon as your model is complete and you've removed all the extra bits. What kind of treasure, then, can this so-called trash become?
That is the question I will be attempting to answer in my new Trash or Treasure segment! As I find random items most people would normally pass by, I will do my best to find some use for them in the world of miniatures and pass that knowledge on to you. For now, time for me to start brainstorming and experimenting with these empty sprues!


So, have any of you tried converting your old junk into something useful on the tabletop? Have any ideas about "trash" you think could be turned into a treasure? As always, I would love to hear from you! You can leave your feedback in the "Comments" section below, or you can email me at DeepStrikePainting@gmail.com.

Also, be sure to check out my "Commissions" tab. I have a pricing list for my services up, and I am currently available for any services you might need!

No comments:

Post a Comment