Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Death Awakens

Photo from Dawn of War: Dark Crusade



With all this talk of the expected Codex:Necrons release, I figured now would be as good a time as any to start work on my brother's Necron models...



In the above photo there are:
  • 3 Destroyers
  • 1 Pariah
  • 12 Warriors
  • 3 Scarab bases
  • 1 Lord with Resurrection Orb
  • 1 Deceiver
  • 1 Nightbringer
As you can see, I got them from him partially assembled, so I have a bit of building ahead of me, plus a decent amount of painting.

Up until this point, I have mainly painted armies that have a bit of "built-in character", so this will be a bit of a new experience. If I get ambitious, I might do some re-positioning/converting of some of the assembled models to give these "undead robots" some personality. We'll see how it goes!



"Lucky creatures. At long last you have found the tranquility of death. I was like you, once, clinging to life and blind to the truth. When I uncovered the truth, I too shuddered and paled with fear. Deep in these catacombs, I was remade. Here, my brethren slumbered for eons while the living grew like weed. My Lord knew this day would come. He had plans for us all. We would purge this world once more. So come, poor victims of life. We will grant you tranquility in these crypts. Kronus will be a Tomb World once more."                                                                                  -Tomas Macabee, Necron Pariah

No comments:

Post a Comment