Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Chance Meeting

I was at Game Kastle yesterday browsing around, and as luck would have it, who else would I run into but
Carl from the Independent Characters podcast! He was there with Dawson and Bill from Imperial Vox Cast and Dave from The Eternal Warriors. Got to talk with them a little bit, and since they're some great guys providing the wargaming community with fantastic podcast entertainment, I thought I'd give them a little plug here.


First up is The Independent Characters. I've listened to pretty much every episode Geoff and Carl have released, and I've enjoyed every one of them. Their tag line is "The Warhammer 40k Podcast that puts you in the game!" and they're sure to accomplish exactly that. They have a wide variety of topics during their shows, such as personal hobby progress, reviews of Forge World and Games Workshop books, and ways to improve your hobby. There is also a new segment they just started called "Forbidden Lore", where they discuss Black Library books (posted beforehand so listeners have a chance to read the book before the show). Guaranteed, there is something for every 40k gamer out there in this show!


Imperial Vox CastNext is Imperial Vox Cast. I've listened to some of these guys' stuff, and I've enjoyed what I've heard. I can't say I'm a regular listener yet, but I plan to find time to listen to their show more often. I would definitely recommend checking them out!






Finally, there are The Eternal Warriors. I honestly haven't listened to their podcast yet (sorry guys!), but if they're even half as good as The Independent Characters, they're definitely worth a listen. I'll probably actually be listening to the most recent stuff by these guys and Imperial Vox Cast over this weekend (especially if I can find some hobby time!).



Have any of you listened to one or more of these podcasts? What do you think of them? Are there any other podcasts out there that you enjoy? Leave your opinions/suggestions in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment